Saturday, July 3, 2010

Total Eclipse

So, reading further risks reading a spoiler about the new movie. Not that those of us that like Twilight can actually be spoiled, considering we know how everything ends, but, you know, if you want to be surprised about what was included and what wasn't, just don't read this blog entry. However, I saw Eclipse at the midnight premiere, and once more today, so I'm going to have to talk about it. At least, blog about it.

My favorite scenes:
1)Bella asks Jake to kiss her. He complies. This was my favorite and least favorite scene at the same time. The kiss was totally hot, but I was crushed knowing that Jake is destined to be heartbroken when it comes to Bella.
2)The tent scene. "I'm hotter than you." Yeah? Enough said.
3)When Edward drops Bella off at the side of the road to Jake. His shirt comment made me laugh, and, then, skipping ahead a little, when Jake drops Bella off at home after attempting to kiss her. Cue Charlie interrupting and awkward confession about kissing Bella. Except I love how he didn't seem awkward, how he didn't regret it at all.

Having given my favorite Jake scenes, let me be contradictory by saying that Edward and Bella's bed scene was very steamy. I was impressed. Though my Team Jacob heart wept a little. I thought that this might have been Rob's best portrayal of Eddie.

Now, for my very small rant: WTF how could they end it like that?? It may sound weird for a Team Jacob person to say this, but I was seriously disappointed that they cut out the last scene from Eclipse with Jake running away after having seen the wedding invitation. I mean, that was like a pivotal, tear-jerking point for me when I read the book. How could they take that away? Not to mention, how are they going to work it into the next movie that Jake is gone? I mean, I'm sure they can do it, but it won't be nearly as epic as him running away like in Eclipse. /end rant.

Anyway, after seeing the movie the second time around (in which I spent a great deal of time analyzing Jake for purely artistic reasons), I was finally inspired to work past my writer's block and finish the 19th chapter of Revenge Cake. It's been, what feels like, my most successful fic to date, and it's been a total blast. I never thought I'd cross to the Blackwater side, but, the closer it gets to the release of the Breaking Dawn movie, the more I really wish that Jacob had ended up with Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment